Now in its sixth edition, Critical Care Obstetrics offers an authoritative guide to what might go seriously wrong with a pregnancy and delivery and explains how to manage grave complications. Written by an international panel of experts, this updated and revised edition contains the most recent advances in the field as well as recommendations for treating common complications such as bleeding, thrombosis, trauma, acute infection, airway problems and drug reactions in a pregnant patient.
This important guide offers the information needed to enable the early-on recognition of life-threatening conditions and the use of immediate life-saving treatments in emergency situations. The techniques and procedures outlined help to maximise the survival prospects of both the mother and fetus. The authors offer an accessible text for any healthcare professional responsible for the care and management of pregnant women and their unborn children. Critical Care Obstetrics is a vital resource that:
- Contains a clear guide for early recognition of conditions which may prove life threatening
- Offers new information on Analgesia and sedation; Imaging and interventional radiology in pregnancy; Oxygen therapy; and Pulmonary hypertension
- Presents protocols for implementing life-saving treatments in emergency situations
- Written by international experts in emergency obstetric medicine
Designed for use by obstetricians and obstetrician and gynecology trainees, Critical Care Obstetrics is the updated guide to the management of serious conditions in pregnancy and delivery.
GET IT FREE HERE
An authoritative and comprehensive review of the most important clinical issues facing critically ill neurologic and neurosurgical patients. The authors provide pertinent basic, clinical, diagnostic, and management guidelines for all the conditions commonly encountered in the neurocritical care unit, including the management of autonomic disorders that require critical care, postoperative management, and endovascular treatment. The authors also discuss the latest developments in the monitoring of different body systems, emphasizing the management of cardiorespiratory complications and other medical conditions that may threaten the patient’s life. Also detailed are the concepts of intracranial physiology and current neuromonitoring techniques, subjects whose understanding is basic to effective management of critically ill neurologic patients. Numerous tables, figures, diagrams, and radiographs simplify and explicate both the diagnostic and therapeutic processes.
“After review of monitoring and common presentations for neurologic conditions, there is discussion of common neurologic problems seen in the intensive care unit including subarachnoid hemorrhage, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord diseases, status epilepticus, central nervous system infections, and special considerations in perioperative care. Chapters are clearly written and include line drawings and tables. Concluding the book is an outstanding group of appendixes reviewing monitoring calculations and standard assessment scores. A sample nursing flow sheet is included. “-Doody’s Health Sciences Book Review Journal
From the Back Cover
In recent years, significant gains have been made in neurocritical care because of improved monitoring techniques, neurosurgical approaches, and therapies for various complex neurologic and neurosurgical conditions. In Critical Care Neurology and Neurosurgery, a panel of world-renowned experts in neurocritical care comprehensively reviews the most important clinical issues facing critically ill neurologic and neurosurgical patients. Beginning with recommendations for the organization of a modern and efficient neurosciences critical care unit, these experts provide pertinent basic, clinical, diagnostic, and management guidelines for all the conditions commonly encountered in the neurocritical care unit, including the management of traumatic brain injury, autonomic disorders, postoperative recuperation, and endovascular treatment. In addition, the authors discuss the latest developments in the monitoring of different body systems, emphasizing the management of cardiorespiratory complications and other medical conditions that may threaten the patient’s life. Also detailed are the concepts of intracranial physiology and current neuromonitoring techniques, subjects whose understanding is basic to effective management of critically ill neurologic patients. Numerous tables, figures, diagrams, and radiographs simplify and explicate both the diagnostic and therapeutic processes.
Authoritative and comprehensive, Critical Care Neurology and Neurosurgery provides critical care physicians and nurses, neurologists, neuroanesthesiologists, and neurosurgeons easy access to the most up-to-date guidelines for effective care of patients suffering serious and acute diseases of the brain and spinal cord.
GET IT FREE HERE
Part of the popular Pocket Notebook Series, Pocket ICU, Second Edition provides concise, evidence-based information for critical care students, interns, residents, and professionals at all levels of experience. Now fully revised and up to date, this portable handbook can be used for quick, easy reference both in the wards and in the operating room.
- Provides fast access to the most relevant, evidence-based information in every area of critical care, including adult and pediatric critical care, neuro-critical care, cardiac critical care, and transplant, burn, and neonatal critical care.
- Includes a new chapter, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation and Ventricular Assist Devices
- Addresses special considerations for obese patients and older adults with critical illness
- Features an improved table of contents and index for faster access to essential information.
- Includes current contributions from leading critical care experts, as well as the most recent evidence available in the field.
- Uses a reader-friendly, bulleted outline format with numerous tables and diagrams throughout.
‘appendixes provide pharmacological data, metabolic calculations, and cardiopulmonary relationships’
‘chapters and procedural content are marked for efficient cross-referencing‘
‘Content is efficiently presented in an outline format‘
‘In its multidisciplinary presentation and scope, this is an outstanding resource‘
Weighted Numerical Score: 91 – 4 Stars!
-Doodys Publishers’ Club, March 17, 2017
GET IT FREE HERE
Equipment in Anaesthesia and Critical Care follows the syllabus published by the Royal College of Anaesthetists and is the perfect guide for candidates studying for their FRCA qualifications.
The book is beautifully illustrated and features high quality colour photographs throughout. The text is engaging and comprehensive, relating each piece of equipment back to its basic physics, mechanics and clinical context. The clear, concise and standardised format means that information is easy to access and perfect for revision. Every major piece of equipment is featured alongside colour photos, reproducible line diagrams, and information on its uses, how it works, pros and cons, and safety considerations.
The authors appreciate exactly what candidates need to know to pass the FRCA exam. They have identified and tackled difficult subjects which are often glossed over or omitted in other resources, to produce a book that is comprehensive, engaging and to the point.
“…The text is well edited, with reassuring technical accuracy… In particular there are excellent summaries related to difficult topics such as ultrasound and ventilators… This book will prove a success amongst exam-fearing FRCA candidates…” Anaesthesia, 2014
“…They have produced a well researched text that has been carefully matched to the FRCA syllabus, covering all the components in a thorough, yet clear and concise manner… To further improve the user friendly nature of this book, there is a suitable balance of text to pictures… In summary, this book provides an easy-to-read, clear and comprehensive guide to the equipment used in anaesthesia and critical care and would be useful for all those revising for postgraduate examinations…” European Journal of Anaesthesiology, 2014
“…The main advantage of this book over other books of this genre is the manner in which the information is provided. The authors are able to break down confusing concepts and equipment design into an explanation that is much easier to understand compared with other such books… This book also excels in providing short and concise explanations, making the search for a particular answer much more efficient. Another advantage to the book is that it is remarkably up to date and appears to feature most of the common brands available in today’s market…” Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, 2014
“…it works not only as a revision tool but also as a useful reference text for anaesthetists and other healthcare professionals, including operating department practitioners, anaesthetic nurses, intensive care nurses, physiotherapists and resuscitation officers alike… I would definitely recommend this book as an essential text for trainees sitting the primary FRCA, particularly novices who will find that this book simplifies the complex world of anaesthetic equipment.” Journal of the Intensive Care Society (JICS), 2014
GET IT FREE HERE
Using a multidisciplinary, team-oriented approach, this unique title expertly covers all the latest approaches to the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with critical cardiac illness. Led by Dr David L. Brown, a stellar team of authoritative writers guides you through cardiac pathophysiology, disease states presenting in the CICU, and state-of-the-art advanced diagnosis and therapeutic techniques. A visually appealing format, new chapters, and thorough updates ensure that you stay on the cutting edge of this rapidly advancing field.
- Discusses recent changes in cardiac intensive care, including new care paradigms, new mechanical support modalities, and new therapies and interventions.
- Contains 11 new chapters: Palliative Care, Temporary Pacemaker Insertion, Pericardiocentesis, Distributive Shock, Electrical Storm, Cardiopulmonary Cerebral Resuscitation after Cardiac Arrest, Temporary Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices, Cardiorenal Syndrome, Fulminant Myocarditis, Stress-Induced Cardiomyopathy, Diagnosis and Treatment of Unstable Supraventricular Tachycardia.
- Online access features heart sounds and murmurs to accompany the chapter on history and physical examination, videos of clinical images and key procedures, frequently updated information on late-breaking clinical trials, reviews of new research publications, and more.
- Concisely yet thoroughly covers acute and severe heart failure, chronic pulmonary hypertension, life-threatening dysrhythmias, aortic dissection, and other cardiac conditions as they relate to intensive care.
- Explains drug therapy for key cardiac drugs, such as inotropes, vasodilators, anti-arrhythmics, diuretics, anticoagulants, and anti-platelets, and discusses important drug interactions.
- Ideal for all healthcare professionals involved in cardiac intensive care, including intensivists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, residents, fellows, cardiac nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, and nutritionists.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices and contains an up to date collection of all relevant ACC/AHA and ESC guidelines.
GET IT FREE HERE
The 17th edition of Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program (MKSAP (R) 17) is specifically intended for physicians who provide personal, nonsurgical care to adults. Included are: general internists and primary care physicians; subspecialists who need to remain up-to-date in internal medicine; residents preparing for the Certification Exam in internal medicine; physicians preparing for the Maintenance of Certification Exam in internal medicine.
The learning objectives of MKSAP (R) 17 are to:Close gaps between actual care in your practice and preferred standards of care, based on best evidence.Diagnose disease states that are less common and sometimes overlooked and confusing.Improve management of comorbid conditions that can complicate patient care.Determine when to refer patients for surgery or care by subspecialists.Pass the ABIM Certification Examination and the ABIM Maintenance of Certification Examination.MKSAP (R) 17 Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine includes coverage of pulmonary diagnostic tests, asthma, COPD, diffuse parenchymal lung disease, pleural disease, pulmonary thromboembolism, pulmonary hypertension, lung cancer, sleep medicine, high-altitude illness, respiratory failure, shock, mechanical ventilation, sepsis, anaphylaxis, and delirium. It includes 108 multiple-choice questions.
In this part of the article, you will be able to access the .pdf file of MKSAP 17 Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine PDF.
GET IT FREE HERE