The new edition of Cardiac Intensive Care-the only textbook dedicated to cardiac intensive care medicine-chronicles the progress made in the diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of patients with critical cardiac illness. Editors Allen Jeremias, MD, MSc and David L. Brown, MD present the landmark discoveries, greater understanding of syndromes, and technological advancements that have helped make clinical cardiology a progressive and interventional field. You'll get coverage of the plethora of noncoronary diseases in the CICU, as well as a complete compendium of up-to-date pharmacologic agents. The new full-color design and layout and nine new chapters give you the latest theoretical, technical, diagnostic, and therapeutic advances in an accessible and visually appealing format. Moreover, the full text is available online at expertconsult.com.
- Features the authoritative perspectives of a stellar group of contributors-many of whom are the pioneers in the fields they cover-for the best available guidance.
- Provides the basic science framework for the clinical material through a section on the scientific foundation of cardiac intensive care to give you the complete picture.
- Presents a pharmacological introduction to the classes of drugs so you know which are most commonly used in the CICU.
- Covers which noncoronary diseases frequently result in admittance to the CICU to prepare you for those diagnoses that are not of a cardiac nature.
- Offers the convenience of full-text online access at expertconsult.com.
- Features nine new chapters-Quality Assurance and Improvement in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit; Physical Examination in the CICU; Mechanical Treatments for Acute ST-Elevation MI; Non-ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Diagnosis, Prognosis, Risk Stratification, and Management; Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Inhibitors; Vascular Access Procedures; Ventilator Management for the Cardiac Patient; Management of Post-Operative Complications in the Cardiac Surgery Patient; Guidelines Relevant to Care in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit-to keep the book and you up to date.
- Presents the text in a new, full-color design and layout for a more visually-appealing and accessible format that makes finding the information you need quick and easy.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
||$117.69 USD In Stock
||$117.67 USD In Stock
GET IT FREE HERE