The American Heart Association says that Cardiovascular disease accounts for nearly 836,546 deaths in the US. That’s about 1 of every 3 deaths in the US. Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives each year than all forms of cancer and Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease combined.
In 2016, I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure and became yet another such statistic. However, by making certain lifestyle changes, improving my diet, and following a very specific whole food supplement protocol, I was able to fully recover!
I invite you to join me on my personal journey as I battled congestive heart failure from utter despair to full recovery. I share the details of my personal experience with you and tell you exactly what I did to regain my health.
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, you need to read this book. It could literally save your life or the life of a loved one.
GET IT FREE HERE
For more than 30 years, The Secrets Series® has provided students and practitioners in all areas of health care with concise, focused, and engaging resources for quick reference and exam review. Cardiology Secrets, 5th Edition, features the Secrets’ popular question-and-answer format that also includes lists, tables, and an easy-to-read style – making reference and review quick, easy, and enjoyable.
- The Secrets Series® format gives you the most return for your time – concise, easy to read, engaging, and highly effective – now with an improved organization that makes information even easier than ever to find.
- Written by global experts and thought leaders in cardiovascular disease.
- Top 100 Secrets and Key Points boxes provide a fast overview of the secrets you must know for success in practice.
- Portable size makes it easy to carry with you for quick reference or review anywhere, anytime.
- New dedicated sections on peripheral vascular and cerebrovascular disease, venous thromboembolic disease, and specific populations and conditions, plus a dedicated chapter on new direct oral anticoagulant agents.
- New chapters added on hypercoagulability states, specific valvular lesions, sleep apnea and the heart, heart disease in women, cardio-oncology, cardiac arrest, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), carotid artery disease, and hemorrhagic stroke.
- Several hundred illustrations, figures, and flow diagrams – 100+ are new!
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
“This book provides a very thorough evaluation of the entire array of cardiovascular disease and is a superb tool for general cardiologists or cardiology fellows to refer to as a guide in the understanding and management of complex cardiovascular disease.” Reviewed by George Irvin McLead, MD (Ochsner Clinic Foundation) Doody’s Score: 98, 5 Stars!
GET IT FREE HERE
A compassionate and optimistic roadmap, based on the science behind great health.
Melissa Hartwig, Whole30 NYTimes best-selling author: “Growth mindset, real food, healthy movement, prioritizing sleep… this is the book I wish every doctor would write, or at the very least, read and implement with their patients.”
Developed by a board-certified preventive cardiologist, this surprisingly simple guide puts you back in charge of your own health – without a lifetime of prescription drugs or extreme lifestyle changes.
Easy-to-follow explanations make sense of the endless flood of studies, headlines and “expert advice” and give you straightforward weekly plans that won’t overwhelm you. Imagine your best health ever – and make it happen!
Dr. Scher demystifies the important science behind healthy lifestyles. He debunks myths you’ve heard even the “experts” repeat, and shows you how to navigate healthcare and food industry propaganda to set yourself up for success.
Overwhelmed by ever-changing health advice?
Ready for more than crazy fads or prescriptions?
Your instincts are right on. Great health ISN’T as hard as society tells us, and you CAN do better than prescription drugs!
You CAN take charge of your health–starting now.
Are you ready for a simple, back-to-fundamentals approach that actually works?
Do you want to take charge of your relationship with your healthcare providers?
Built around the six building blocks of great health, simple weekly action plans tackle everything from eating well to overcoming sleep and stress, backed up with helpful tools like checklists, power tips, a problem-solving guide, and more.
You’ll have the confidence–and the knowledge–to start your journey to your best health ever!
GET IT FREE HERE
The book provides comprehensive guidelines on preoperative evaluation, perioperative management, and postoperative care for all pediatric cardiac surgical procedures and includes quick-reference summaries of perioperative management for each procedure. For this edition, Dr. Lake is joined by an eminent British co-editor, Peter D. Booker, and an international group of distinguished contributors. Coverage includes cutting-edge information on echocardiography, fast tracking, and the newest surgical techniques. New chapters cover teaching, practice management, anesthesia for cardiac MIS, and hemostasis, coagulation, and transfusion.
GET IT FREE HERE