This book is an up-to-date reference that provides detailed guidance on how to diagnose and manage the soft and hard tissue complications that may be associated with a functioning dental implant placement, such as peri-implant mucositis, soft tissue loss, and peri-implantitis. Treatment options for each complication are described and illustrated step by step and carefully selected cases are presented to further explain the individual stages in management and to highlight key learning points. Practical advice is offered on all aspects of diagnosis, and information is also presented on the definition and etiology of the various complications. The book is in an easy-to-read format and includes a review of the latest literature on the topic.
GET IT FREE HERE
The only available resource to provide cutting-edge, in-depth coverage of the links between obesity and anesthesia in surgery, the reader-friendly Handbook of Perioperative Anesthesia: Complications and Challenges of the Obese Patient guides the practicing anesthesiologist through each stage of surgery for the obese patient. This clinically relevant text thoroughly illustrates the unique challenges and complications the anesthesiologist faces when supervising and administering drug delivery during surgery. Practical and hands-on, this source also advises the anesthesiologist on how to avoid potential risks and ensure speedy patient recovery post-operation.
Easily referenced, this handbook clearly addresses treatment and management of the obese patient in the three chronological stages of surgery:
– Preoperative – includes information on systemic patient evaluation and surgery preparation, emphasizing related areas of concern in the obese patient (cardiac, pulmonary, endocrine, and others) to help the anesthesiologist foresee how a patient will fare during surgery
– Intraoperative – provides a thorough discussion of the latest in procedural technique, drug and fluid administration, patient monitoring, and airway management
– Postoperative – steps the anesthesiologist can take following surgery to optimize patient results
In addition, this handbook explores special situations that anesthesiologists may encounter during surgery, including the needs of pregnant and pediatric patients, as well as patients with needs outside of the hospital setting.
GET IT FREE HERE
With malpractice insurance premiums on the rise, and insurance rates for the practicing anesthesiologist at an all time high, it is important, now more than ever, to have a single source reference related to both anesthesia and analgesia and how they both relate to dermatologic surgery. This book provides comprehensive coverage on the therapeutic usage of anesthesia and analgesia during dermatologic surgical procedures, providing basic concepts, as well as step-by-step descriptions of the various techniques involved.
Written by an international group of contributors, Anesthesia and Analgesia in Dermatologic Surgery:
– is the first book of its kind to present both anesthesia and analgesia techniques in a single source volume
– covers the basic principles of regional and local anesthesia with respect to anatomy, local anesthetic agents, and techniques
– examines new eutectic mixtures that penetrate through the skin’s membrane, enabling doctors to use analgesia over anesthesia for a wide range of superficial surgical procedures, including the harvesting of split skin grafts, laser surgery, electrosurgery, epilation, and skin biopsy
– discusses the use of nerve blocks as safer alternatives to local anesthesia
– contains a full chapter dedicated to the pediatric patient, and the specific concerns when relating anesthesia to the pediatric patient
GET IT FREE HERE
Anesthesiology is one of the least understood medical specialties. The drugs and equipment are specialized to a point where physicians in other fields have little knowledge of how they work. Moreover, the specific techniques and concerns of anesthesiologists regarding patient care are scarcely known outside of the specialty. Most physicians have had a paltry amount of training in anesthesia, if any at all. Within many medical schools, there is no requirement to rotate in anesthesiology; if required, the rotation is seen sometimes as a means to practice intubations and place IVs for a period of two to four weeks, instead of actually learning anesthesia techniques and practices. As their role in patient care has stretched outside of the operating room, anesthesiologists have found that there is often frustration and even conflict in dealing with other specialties that do not understand the concerns and necessities that accompany this practice. Why is NPO important? Why does the patient need to see a cardiologist pre-operatively? Why would the patient benefit from using Drug A vs Drug B? These questions come up not only in the operating room, but on the obstetrical floor, in the endoscopy suite, in the critical care units and elsewhere. It is the authors’ hope that this book, Anesthesia for Non-Anesthesiologists, will help to decrease such problems. With chapters written by a variety of anesthesiologists and subspecialty clinicians at a major teaching hospital, and edited by experienced academic physicians, the target audience for this work includes physicians, medical residents, and students who wish to understand how anesthesiologists think and why they think as they do.
GET IT FREE HERE
Smith and Aitkenhead’s Textbook of Anaesthesia has become the book of choice for the trainee anaesthetist and is essential reading for candidates for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and similar examinations. It is also a highly trusted, practical guide for all anaesthetists and other health care professionals involved in the perioperative period.
Building on previous worldwide success, this sixth edition has been thoroughly updated and reorganised to reflect current anaesthetic practice and the basic sciences that directly underpin it. The inclusion of several new chapters continues to ensure complete coverage of key and evolving areas and new, experienced authors also add a fresh perspective to this edition. For the first time, Smith & Aitkenhead’s Textbook of Anaesthesia comes with complementary access to the complete contents online at expertconsult.com, making it more flexible and easy to use than ever before.
- Clear and concise coverage of the full range of modern clinical practice – from anaesthetic equipment and pre-operative assessment through to post-operative care, local anaesthesia, anaesthesia for individual specialties, intensive care and the management of chronic pain.
- New chapters on resuscitation; management of the difficult airway; management of the high-risk patient; anaesthetic considerations in transplant patients; consent and information; safety and quality improvement and education and training (appendix)
- Clinically relevant basic sciences integrated throughout – including the principles of pharmacology, anaesthetic agents and physics for the anaesthetist
- Take it with you anywhere – rapid access to the full electronic text, downloadable image library and more at expertconsult.com
GET IT FREE HERE
The undisputed leading text in its market, Basics of Anesthesia, 7th Edition, provides comprehensive coverage of both basic science and clinical topics in anesthesiology. Drs. Manuel C. Pardo, Jr. and Ronald D. Miller, in conjunction with many new contributors, have ensured that all chapters are thoroughly up to date and reflect the latest advances in today’s practice. Unparalleled authorship, concise text, easy-to-read chapters, and a user-friendly format make this text the #1 primer on the scope and practice of anesthesiology.
- Presents the combined expertise of two of the most prolific and renowned anesthesia experts worldwide, along with more than 80 expert contributing authors.
- Uses a concise, at-a-glance format to cover both the basic science and essential clinical aspects of the field, including pathophysiology, pharmacology, regional anesthesia, anesthetic management, and special problems and patient groups.
- Features high-quality images that offer a detailed visual understanding of regional anesthesiology and much more.
- Includes new topics and chapters on Neurotoxicity of Anesthesia, Palliative Care, Sleep Medicine, Perioperative Surgical Home, Trauma, and Natural/Human-Induced Disasters.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
GET IT FREE HERE