This book continues the legacy of a well-established reference within the pharmaceutical industry – providing perspective, covering recent developments in technologies that have enabled the expanded use of biomarkers, and discussing biomarker characterization and validation and applications throughout drug discovery and development.
• Explains where proper use of biomarkers can substantively impact drug development timelines and costs, enable selection of better compounds and reduce late stage attrition, and facilitate personalized medicine
• Helps readers get a better understanding of biomarkers and how to use them, for example which are accepted by regulators and which still non-validated and exploratory
• Updates developments in genomic sequencing, and application of large data sets into pre-clinical and clinical testing; and adds new material on data mining, economics, and decision making, personal genetic tools, and wearable monitoring
• Includes case studies of biomarkers that have helped and hindered decision making
• Reviews of the first edition: “If you are interested in biomarkers, and it is difficult to imagine anyone reading this who wouldn’t be, then this book is for you.” (ISSX) and “…provides a good introduction for those new to the area, and yet it can also serve as a detailed reference manual for those practically involved in biomarker implementation.” (ChemMedChem)
GET IT FREE HERE