Conversational and easy to read, Avoiding Common Errors in Pediatric Emergency Medicine discusses 198 errors commonly made in the practice of pediatric emergency medicine and gives practical, easy-to-remember tips for avoiding these pitfalls. This unique manual offers brief, approachable, evidence-based chapters suitable for reading immediately before the start of a rotation, for quick reference on call, or daily for personal assessment and review.
- Covers nuanced topics specific to the care of children in the emergency setting, including treatment strategies, procedure competencies, distinct pathophysiology, and disease processes.
- Discusses the crashing patient, ultrasound and imaging, community and legal issues, applied practice, behavioral health, and medication/pharmacy topics.
- Summarizes each chapter with handy key points that present must-know information in an easy-access, bulleted format.
- Helps prevent clinical practice errors in the ED due to applying an adult management approach instead of a directed pediatric approach.
- Ideal for emergency medicine physicians, residents, and attendings; emergency nurse practitioners, PAs who practice in the ED, and pediatricians.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
GET IT FREE HERE