The approachable, comprehensive guide to neurobiology Neurobiology rolls the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the nervous system into one complex area of study. Neurobiology For Dummies breaks down the specifics of the topic in a fun, easy-to-understand manner. The book is perfect for students in a variety of scientific fields ranging from neuroscience and biology to pharmacology, health science, and more. With a complete overview of the molecular and cellular mechanisms of the nervous system, this complete resource makes short work of the ins and outs of neurobiology so you can understand the details quickly. Dive into this fascinating guide to an even more fascinating subject, which takes a step-by-step approach that naturally builds an understanding of how the nervous system ties into the very essence of human beings, and what that means for those working and studying in the field of neuroscience. The book includes a complete introduction to the subject of neurobiology. * Gives you an overview of the human nervous system, along with a discussion of how it’s similar to that of other animals * Discusses various neurological disorders, such as strokes, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and schizophrenia * Leads you through a point-by-point approach to describe the science of perception, including how we think, learn, and remember Neurobiology For Dummies is your key to mastering this complex topic, and will propel you to a greater understanding that can form the basis of your academic and career success.
GET IT FREE HERE
Anatomy and Physiology is a dynamic textbook for the yearlong Human Anatomy and Physiology course taught at most two- and four-year colleges and universities to students majoring in nursing and allied health. A&P is 29 chapters of pedagogically effective learning content, organized by body system, and written at an audience-appropriate level. The lucid text, strategically constructed art, inspiring career features, and links to external learning tools address the critical teaching and learning challenges in the course. Color is used for pedagogical effect in A&P. Most art will consist of elegant black line, with the strongest line illustrating the most important structure(s) and shading used to show dimension and shape. Color (used only when needed) highlights and clarifies the primary anatomical or functional point of the illustration. Student focus is drawn to the most important learning point in each illustration, without distraction from excessive gradients, shadows, and loud highlights. The online book provides students with links to surgical videos, histology, interactive diagrams, and cadaver imagery at critical junctures. This book is available online for free at openstaxcollege dot org
GET IT FREE HERE
The Handbook of Epidemiology provides a comprehensive overview of the field and thus bridges the gap between standard textbooks of epidemiology and dispersed publications for specialists that have a narrowed focus on specific areas. It reviews the key issues and methodological approaches pertinent to the field for which the reader pursues an expatiated overview. It thus serves both as a first orientation for the interested reader and as a starting point for an in-depth study of a specific area as well as a quick reference and recapitulatory overview for the expert. The book includes topics that are usually missing in standard textbooks and that are only marginally represented in the specific literature as well as innovative areas, e.g. molecular epidemiology, ethical aspects, practical field work, health systems research, quality control, and good epidemiological practice. Each chapter is written by one or more leading scientists and represents the state-of-the-art knowledge.
GET IT FREE HERE
This is a new edition of a successful introductory textbook on the subject of psychiatry. Clearly written and rich in pedagogic features – such as summary boxes, clinical cases and other aid memoirs – this book is tailored to the learning needs of those entering the discipline for the first time. Particularly suitable for medical students, this book will also act as a ‘primer’ for post-graduates first entering the speciality with a view to a long-term career in the discipline.
- New edition of a well established text with a strongly pedagogic approach to the subject of psychiatry
- Logical writing style gives ready access to key information
- Includes many illustrations
- Contains practical examples throughout to demonstrate the importance of psychiatry to all areas of medicine
- Ideal for medical students and junior doctors
- Suitable as a ‘primer’ for specialist trainees entering the discipline for the first time
- Contains self-assessment material to ensure thorough exam preparation
- New layout aids accessibility and ‘ease of learning’
- New chapter on mental health legislation
- Covers recent changes in neuropsychopharmacology
- Use of colour illustrations
- Contains practical advice on patient management – commencing drug therapy and managing self-harm, for example
- Enhanced sections on autism and other pervasive developmental disorders
- Explores capacity and risk assessment
- Enhanced discussion of the use of psychotherapy in line with current practice
GET IT FREE HERE
See how to effectively manage ALL dental implant complications throughout ALL phases of treatment! Avoiding Complications in Oral Implantology provides evidence-based management protocols for a wide range of implant problems such as placement complications, malpositioning, bleeding, infection, and nerve injuries. Hundreds of high-quality, full-color photos and illustrations clearly demonstrate the complications and their resolution. Edited by Carl Misch and Randolph Resnik ― both well-known names in dental implantology and prosthodontics ― and with a team of expert contributors, this authoritative guide helps you handle the implant-related complications that can occur as more and more patients choose dental implants.
- Expert authors are joined by a panel of recognized leaders in implant dentistry ― many of whom are associated with the Misch International Implant Institute ― to share their extensive experience with handling complications through all phases of treatment.
- Comprehensive approach to complications that occur in the different phases of oral implantology provides the knowledge and skills you need to handle treatment planning, implant placement, post-operative complications, prostheses-related complications, and more.
- Over 1,000 images include full-color clinical photographs, radiographs, line drawings, and diagrams, clearly demonstrating complications, procedures, and outcomes.
- Management protocols developed by world-renowned dental implantologists provide a proven system and authoritative guidance in managing complications with dental implants.
- Evidence-based solutions make it easier to manage a wide variety of clinical problems associated with dental implants, with state-of-the-art guidance supported by the best available research.
GET IT FREE HERE