The easiest and most trusted way to learn the clinical application of pharmacokinetics
The most current, hands-on book in the field, Applied Clinical Pharmacokinetics gives you clear and useful coverage of drug dosing and drug monitoring that no other text can match. It offers the latest standardized techniques and approaches to patient-specific dosing plus new information on more recent pharmacokinetically monitored drugs.
Written by a nationally recognized authority in pharmacokinetics, Applied Clinical Pharmacokinetics provides essential information covered in pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, therapeutics, and clinical pharmacy courses. It can be also be used as a clinical refresher to brush up on key concepts and procedures.
- NEW! High-yield sections on dosing strategies in all chapters .
- NEW! Up-to-date, ready-to-use information on monitored drugs .
- Valuable coverage of drug dosing in special populations, including patients with renal and hepatic disease, obesity, and congestive heart failure and patients on dialysis.
- All the information that you need on drug categories such as antibiotics, cardiovascular agents, anticonvulsants, and immunosuppressants.
- Tools that simplify learning throughout, such as an introductory chapter on clinical pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic concepts, examples of calculations, and problems with answers and explanations at the end of each chapter
Putting pharmacokinetics into practice, this timely and comprehensive text delivers the latest procedures and data on today’s drugs and patient-specific dosing.
* The best guide to pharmacokinetics for real-life pharmacy practice
*Ideal for students, pharmacists, and other clinicians who want clear, useful, and up-to-date coverage of the latest standardized techniques and most recent pharmacokinetically monitored drugs
*Essential topics for pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, therapeutics, and clinical pharmacy courses or can be used in a self-directed manner to self-teach or review important concepts and techniques
*Inside: essential information on approaches to drug-dosing and monitoring in individual patients, including the latest data on serum concentrations, written by a nationally recognized leader in pharmacokinetics
The most up-to-date and practical text in the field, Applied Clinical Pharmacokinetics features–
*Clear, useful coverage of drug dosing and drug monitoring today
*Focus on the latest standardized techniques and approaches to patient-specific dosing
*Up-to-date information on more recently monitored drugs
*Essential information on drug dosing in special populations, including patients with renal and hepatic disease, obesity, and congestive heart failure
*All the information practitioners need on drug categories such as antibiotics, cardiovascular agents, anticonvulsants, and immunosuppressants
*Full coverage of drugs such as Aminoglycosides, Vancomycin, Digoxin, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Theophylline, Cyclosporine, Tacrolimus, and Lithium
*Clear and concise summary of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic concepts
*Practical help with calculations and equations
*50 useful charts and illustrations
*18 chapters that provide needed hands-on guidance in techniques, procedures, and approaches
*Tools that make learning and use easier, including a principle-clarifying introductory chapter, examples of calculations, and questions and answers to test your understanding
THANKS TO ALL THE CONTRIBUTERS