With malpractice insurance premiums on the rise, and insurance rates for the practicing anesthesiologist at an all time high, it is important, now more than ever, to have a single source reference related to both anesthesia and analgesia and how they both relate to dermatologic surgery. This book provides comprehensive coverage on the therapeutic usage of anesthesia and analgesia during dermatologic surgical procedures, providing basic concepts, as well as step-by-step descriptions of the various techniques involved.
Written by an international group of contributors, Anesthesia and Analgesia in Dermatologic Surgery:
– is the first book of its kind to present both anesthesia and analgesia techniques in a single source volume
– covers the basic principles of regional and local anesthesia with respect to anatomy, local anesthetic agents, and techniques
– examines new eutectic mixtures that penetrate through the skin’s membrane, enabling doctors to use analgesia over anesthesia for a wide range of superficial surgical procedures, including the harvesting of split skin grafts, laser surgery, electrosurgery, epilation, and skin biopsy
– discusses the use of nerve blocks as safer alternatives to local anesthesia
– contains a full chapter dedicated to the pediatric patient, and the specific concerns when relating anesthesia to the pediatric patient
GET IT FREE HERE